With the iPhone soon to hit the markets, I think it's only fair that we put the iPhone in the spotlight once again for one more quick look at it's innocence before we find the bugs, glitches, etc.
Hi-Res Pictures from Apple's iPhone Gallery:
Now we categorize the iPhone the way Apple envisions it:
- Revolutionary Phone -The iPhone features an innovative touch screen where you can select the contacts, initiate a call, group the contacts, and even make phone conferences. All with the touch screen! For all you SMS users, the iPhone features a full QWERTY touchscreen keyboard that prevents and corrects some spelling problems. The iPhone also features a 2 MegaPixel camera and has a bundled photo management software, a feature lacking in most upscale phones where you have to transfer it to you computer to manage the photos.
- Wide Screen iPod - The iPhone plays both music and video files on it's 3.5 inch display, and the files can be controlled via the touch screen. A neat feature included is that you can also view your videos in a wide screen format, just rotate the iPhone by 90 degree, and wala! Wide screen mode!
- Internet in your Pocket - The iPhone is bundled with a fully featured Safari browser (which recently made its 3rd beta release a few weeks ago), which Apple claims to be the most advanced browser on a mobile phone. Loved Google Maps? You don't need to look further, the iPhone features both Google Maps and its own Maps application. More Google love is shown in the iPhone, YouTube is also integrated as a mini video player that can be launched from the iPhone's menu. And finally, coming from Apple, who can forget Widgets? iPhone as a decent collection of widgets to help you get information fast.
Fast Facts (Tech Specs from Apple!)
- Height: 4.5 inches (115 mm)
- Width: 2.4 inches (61 mm)
- Depth: 0.46 inch (11.6 mm)
- Weight: 4.8 ounces (135 grams)
- 4GB or 8GB flash drive1
- 3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen multi-touch display
- 480-by-320-pixel resolution at 160 dpi
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
- OS X
- Quad-band (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
- Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
- 2.0 megapixels
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Audio formats supported: AAC, Protected AAC, MP3, MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 1, 2, and 3), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
- Video formats supported: H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 768 Kbps, 320 by 240 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats.
- Built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery
- Talk time: Up to 8 hours2
- Standby time: Up to 250 hours3
- Internet use: Up to 6 hours4
- Video playback: Up to 7 hours5
- Audio playback: Up to 24 hours