Friday, August 22, 2008

Never Again GLOBELINES! Never Again!

After almost one month of being cut off from the Internet, I finally get to post something! Geez! The problem started when a thunderstorm was brewing a month ago and I think my wireless router picked up more than it could handle. Immediately after that, I lost my connection.

Here is where I get so pissed at my service provider (Globelines) - when I called their technical support they told it was a facilities problem their technicians were working on, so OK I gave them three days. I followed up again after three days and now they tell me that my loss of connection had nothing to do with the facility they told me about during my last call! So I told them to send a technician to service my unit or connection, they say OK and wait for the technician to call. After a WEEK of more waiting, the technicians arrive (without calling) and diagnose my problem to be sim related and that it should be replaced. So OK I told them I'd follow up with Globelines stating the sim problem. So Globelines tells me to wait AGAIN for the techs to arrive with a new sim replacement. Another WEEK goes by, and the technicians arrive - WITHOUT A SIM CARD ON HAND! I mean C'MON! I specifically told the technical support to give the techs a sim card before coming to my house! So yet again I follow up with Globelines and they said they'd now coordinate with the technicians! What morons! Why not do that in the first place?!? Now this is the worst part of it all, after three days the technicians arrive again, now saying that it wasn't the sim that was faulty after all! It was Globelines that DID NOT connect me to the F**king system! And that Globelines just had to do something remotely to fix my damned connection! WHY DIDN'T THEY F**KING DO THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE - ABOUT A MONTH AGO!

Never again Globelines, never again... Once my 1 year contract is done, they're losing this customer.

16 comments:

pau said...

Awww.. poor baby.. :(

ate kitty said...

i feel your pain brothah~! *mew*

Ron Del Rosario said...

That was a really bad month, I really hope I get my refund!

andreyaradford said...

Hi Nice Blog The personal-computer industry was experiencing a shortage of laptop battery hp partly because of a recent fire at a major supplier, but the company was working with other suppliers to limit any price increases.

laptop battery said...

so bad,brother,i can feel you feeling

famous laptop said...

Don't worried,I can understand your feeling,maybe you can ask your friends to help you or you can surf the internet on line,the laptop can help you

helpful said...

you can just relax,I konw someone do well in the field.Maybe I can help you

laptop battery said...

yes,really annoying,i known you feeling.a bad month.you can try to use aapple Laptop Battery

the best said...

everything will become better,don't depression all the time.you can relax youself like going out or surf in the Interenet.A good
Laptop Batteries can guarantee you get on line for a long time

Anonymous said...

For your old laptop Replacement Laptop Screens is an excellent idea,because you can choose higher quality, more responsive to the needs of your laptop screen

Justin Carter said...

I have long wanted to Replacement Laptop LCD Screens, it's the price I do not care how, as long as the quality is
good, I like the line. But I could not find love at first sight.

andy said...

nice blog ,like it!

lily said...

love it,nice blog!

julia said...

wish u happy life!

soreya said...

that's too bad, i can feel your pain~~~

erin said...

really a bad month!!

the HP Pavilion dv5 Battery have limited battery life. This lifespan rely on its use as well as its maintenance.